Term plans provide peace of mind to you by ensuring that your family is financially secure and independent, in your absence. If you are the person insured, you pay a specific premium amount at fixed intervals during the policy term. In the event of your unfortunate demise during the policy term, your nominees will receive the ‘Sum Assured’ which you had selected while purchasing the plan. TerInsurance is a form of Life Insurance that is active for a fixed period of time. These plans are easy to understand and provide financial protection that your family will need if you are no longer around. Life covers with a range of optional benefits to give complete protection to you and your family.
- Life cover at affordable rates
- Get claim payout on first diagnosis of 34 Critical Illness (optional)
- Accidental death benefit up to Rs.2 crore (optional)
- In built Terminal Illness cover – you get the full sum assure if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness
- In built premium waiver on permanent disability due to accident
- Tax benefits up to Rs. 54,600 under section 80C, 80D & 10(10D)
- Choice of 4 payout options – lump sum, regular income, increasing income and lump sum + regular income
- Get covered till the age of 99 years
5 reasons to buy a Term Insurance Plan
High Life Insurance Amount
- Term insurance plans provide a high life insurance amount at affordable premiums.
You can also get critical illness cover
- Besides protecting your family in your absence, term life insurance can also provide cover against critical illness. By paying an additional premium, you can get a lump sum pay-out on first diagnosis of a critical illness like heart attack, cancer, kidney failure etc…
You can also get accidental death cover
- You can get an additional protection by attaching accidental death benefit to your term life insurance plan. With this benefit, your family will get a larger payout in case of your unfortunate demise due to an accident.
- Term insurance plans offer tax benefits on premium paid under section 80C. Term plans with critical illness also offer additional tax benefits on premiums paid under section 80D. You also get tax benefits under section 10(10D) on the money that your family receives in case of an unfortunate event.
Support in case of disability
- In term life insurance plans, the insurance company waives your future premiums in case of permanent disability due to an accident. This ensures that the life cover continues, even if you are unable to pay the premiums.
Why buy Accidental Insurance plan?
Pays a Death Benefit
The family members of the policy holder get the death benefit, if death due to an accident.
Pays for hospitalization
Pays for any temporary, partial or permanent injury you may suffer in an accident.
The Plan is Cheap
The premium for a basic accident plan or even a comprehensive accident plan is very low.
There are special accident plans available to high risk workers, who work in mines, oil rigs and have high exposure
Key factors to consider for Accidental Insurance
Types of Accidental Insurance Plans
Individual Accidental Policies:
- Individual Accidental Policies cover an individual in case of any accident.
Group Accident Policies:
- A the term itself suggests, a Group Accident Policy is not meant for individuals. It is taken by employers for their employees. Depending on the group size, discount on premium may be offered. It is a good value added benefit for small organizations and is available at a low cost. However, this is very basic cover and may not offer benefits like that of individual accidental insurance plan.
How to make a claim on a Personal Accidental Insurance Plan?
Inform the insurer about the accident:
- The insurer must be informed about the accident as soon as possible. The insurer may also be informed while the insured is on the way to the hospital. In order to show proof that the claim has been filed with the insurer, the policy number or reference number of the insurer should be communicated.
Inform the insurer at the time of hospitalization:
- Fill the claim form.
- Submit the FIR or police report if required.